Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Roasted Pumpkin Cubes


These days I bought a pumpkin to make a risotto 
that I never make.
And why?
Because I saw this recipe so easy to make that I changed my mind right away. And I'm glad I did, because the result was fantastic.



1 kg of squash
4 sprigs of rosemary (optional)
6 cloves garlic
1/2 cup of olive oil
salt and black pepper, freshly ground to taste
400 g fresh ricotta



Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F (average temperature).

Rinse the rosemary sprigs under running water. Peel the garlic cloves.

After washing, cut the pumpkin into cubes of about 3 cm. 
If you want, you can keep the bark. It'll be soft and tasty after roasted. 
Otherwise, it is easier to remove with a knife after cutting cubes.

In a baking dish, arrange the diced pumpkin and whole garlic cloves. Remove the rosemary leaves and sprinkle over. 
Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. 
Mix well.

Bake it for about 1h20min or until the pumpkin is tender and browned.



Just before serving, season the ricotta with salt and a little olive oil. If desired, garnish each plate with a sprig of rosemary over and drizzle with a little olive oil, as in the presentation photo.




TRUQUE DA MATILDE: I didn't have
 ricotta, so I replaced a white cheese (queso fresco), seasoned with a little olive oil, oregano and black pepper.

Oh ... I didn't use rosemary!  I don't like it ...


CREDITS: Panelinha


Comments