Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Brazilian Flan in a Mug




HUGE NEWS
for single people, for those who live alone,
who lives in a dorm, who has a roommate, who doesn't know how to cook at all, or who will have an unexpected visit, or who feels that urge to hit a sweet something, those craving days... Hmmm!

I found a Series of Mug Recipes while ago, but I didn't want to post them without testing and tasting every and each one of them.
I must confess that I have made Cake in a Mug Recipes before and I did not like any of the results at all.
I thought the cake was tough, very dry, crumbly and the taste was awful. 
So I am always suspicious about these kind of recipe.
I think the cake recipe may be the last one on my battery of tests. Hehehe!

The first recipe I decided to try was the Brazilian Flan, and for my surprise, I APPROVED! And I give it an A+!
The texture and the taste is exactly the same of the traditional one, made in the oven.
And Yes, this is the world's fastest flan ever!

You can also make the syrup in the microwave.
And the best part, individual portions. 
When it's ready, just serve and impress.
As Simple as that !



 * For the caramel syrup:
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon water


Stir and microwave for 1 minute on high power, and then add more cooking time, 30 seconds at a time, to caramelize.


CAUTION!
Go from 30 to 30 sec. If you go for the all one minute straight, it will burn the syrup and the flan is gonna get bitter.

After 1 minute


+ 30 sec


+ 30 sec


  When it's done, spread the syrup around the mug, spinning it and reserve.



* For the flan:
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)


Place ingredients in a container and beat well with a fork.

 


Put the mixture into the caramelized mug,
but fill half mug, to not overfill.
*I divided this recipe into two mugs!*


"Bake" it in the microwave on full power for 1 minute.
If still liquid, do another 30 sec ...
After 1 minute, it will be soft, and keep in mind that it keeps cooking after off.



Refrigerate to cool.

Assemble a nice presentation and surprise your guest!








Comments