Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Tuscan Mushrooms



Some of you may have already seen this picture on our instagram...


We love Portobello Mushrooms over here and once in a while it's the star on the menu.

Well ... I've adopted, unconsciously, the vegetarian diet in a few days a week.
Okay, it's not really a diet, is a choice I made to not eating meat every single day of the week.
Anyone who knows me, knows I don't diet!
I don't eat anything light, or diet, I do not count calories or talk about diets, no diet sodas or ice cream. 
I like candy and sweets, fried foods, fast food whenever I feel like ... but what I really like is homemade food.
And as we all know, there is always a new trendy diet in the States that everyone follows, so I didn't care too much for this news.
But when I heard from close friends that they "adopted" such a diet, and this, and that ... I realized I was doing this for such a long time that I didn't even know.
Hahahahaha! Crazy People ...

And to give a different twist to my usual mushroom, I decided to make this recipe, inspired by the olive oils and balsamic that I was gifted by Old Town Oil. Remember?


Super easy to make and with 3 ways of preparation .... You just have to choose the best for you!



4 large portobello mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, grated
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
4 small branches of fresh thyme
4 small branches fresh rosemary 
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
salt and black pepper to taste



Preheat the oven to 190°C/375° f.

Wipe the mushrooms with a damp paper towel and remove the stems.


Meanwhile, combine the garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl.


Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, grease with olive oil and distribute the mushrooms.
Brush the marinade on the dark part of the mushrooms and lay the rosemary branches on top.



Bake the mushrooms for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove, cover with aluminum foil or cover and let it sit for about 5 minutes before serving.

Lay the mushrooms on your prettiest platter or serve directly on the dishes.
They are excellent as a starter or main course, with a nice salad.
The choices are endless!





No Tuscan Olive Oil? Use regular olive oil!
You can bake your mushrooms like I did, grilling in a pan or on the barbecue ... They are Divine!
If you don't have fresh herbs, use the dehydrated ones, but use a teaspoon as your measurement.
I, personally, don't like the taste of Rosemary, just the aroma. If you like, chop the leaves and add to the marinade.

Comments